Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Waiting, Thy Will Be Done

Sometimes we get so impatient about getting our way we pray so hard and then we get tampo with God whenever He doesn't grant our prayers. Familiar?

I've realized so many things lately - that's what happens when you're stuck in the plane doing nothing, you end up pondering about stuff, life and whatever. I was on my way home from Singapore the other night, it was probably around 3 in the morning and I looked out of the plane's window and was surprised to see... stars! I was a bit surprised since I've never seen that many stars while riding an airplane. It made me smile because the first thought I had was, "God decorated the sky for me, it will not always be dark because He is always there." I've watched too many airplane crash documentaries lately and that's made me anxious about riding airplanes. Seeing the stars calmed me down, I guess I just felt that God was there watching over me.

And it was then that I realized that God answered one prayer I've been praying for most of my life. I never lost hope and never became bitter when things didn't go well. I just prayed and waited and waited and waited and waited. I might have given up a few times, but I felt that He would always give something for me to hang onto.

God answers all prayers, but always remember He will grant it only when the time is right.

No comments: