Sunday, June 22, 2008

Be Not Afraid


I've been meaning to write a weekly note here after hearing mass so that I'd remember what I learned in church, but I just haven't gotten around to doing it.

Today's Miguel's birthday and despite the typhoon I'm glad we did not procrastinate and heard mass at our usual time with the choir. Hearing mass never fails to center me whenever things go haywire. I've been stressed out the past week and it's been driving me bonkers.

Our new parish priest gives really great homilies. You'd never notice that he actually takes an hour to finish his homily, that's because he explains the readings, responsorial psalm and the Gospel. He never preaches, he gives concrete examples and is actually very entertaining.

There were three main messages that Fr. Ramon communicated during his homily: cast your burdens on Him, be not afraid, and be content.

The homily reminded me that I am not alone and that I should never worry about tomorrow because the Lord will always, ALWAYS be there. All through these years He's been there to guide me and bring me to where I should be. There were a lot of rough patches, but I managed because I made Him my Navigator. I have nothing to be afraid of because He will always take care of me because He loves me. And that is what I should never forget.

Please say a prayer for the victims of the Sulpicio Lines ship that sank today at Romblon and for all the victims of Typhoon Frank.

No comments: