Wednesday, March 28, 2018

I am Dependent on Him

I've been with the same company for almost 12 years now and I never planned to be where I am today. I oftentimes still get overwhelmed and honestly feel I have imposter syndrome and to make matters worse for me, I'm also an introvert.

In my Dad's last few years he always reminded us about Primum Regnun Dei. It's the motto of Ateneo de Naga which means, "First the Kingdom of God" from Matthew 6:33: "Seek first the kingdom of God and His justice and all things shall be added unto you". I keep all of my Dad's reminders close to my heart. He knew I disliked public speaking. Didn't like leading stuff. I was nervous all the time about many things. He believed in me though, always encouraged me and pushed me to be the best I can be.

I think one of the most valuable advise he gave us was to pray. Pray for courage. Pray for things to work out. Pray for guidance. And essentially leave everything to God's design. It was during the worst time in my life that I gave everything up and left everything to God to steer me in the right direction. I am dependent on Him. Whenever I'm in trouble I pray and ask to be led to the right direction. Sometimes the answer doesn't come right away. It always comes at the right time.

I am just thankful that God is always there. I cannot imagine my life without Him. For this Easter I hope to be able to appreciate better everyting He has done for me, so I can do better and be where I am supposed to be.

No comments: