Monday, May 14, 2007

Getting Myself Out of a Rut

One funny thing about myself is - and I can get myself out of a rut. No amount of pep talk or my best friend's pagpapatawa can get myself out of my hole when I'm in a really bad mood. That doesn't happen very often, but it takes days to get me out of my shell again.

I guess everyone's like that, ya know? Unless you manage to prep yourself up and figure things out then it's pretty useless for your friends to even try to bring you back out. What they can do however is be a sounding board. What's effective for me are the bits and pieces of advise that I mull over while I try to figure things out.

Methinks I'm just really stubborn. Too independent at times. Hey, you got to understand that all these years I've managed on my own, especially in protecting myself.

I got lost the past few months. Haven't been writing anything inspirational, coz I wasn't inspired myself. I even quit my post as our Parish editor-in-chief and social communications ministry head. Difference of objectives. I thought I was protecting the goal of our publication (which was to inspire people), but they wanted something else. So I just quit. I realized that there are other means by which I can inspire people and I just want to concentrate on my work right now.

Anyway, I was touched by Jun's special mention to me as a "Great Catholic Blog". That got me thinking, maybe I do inspire people. Well, I hope so.

I've always had a positive outlook in life. I have my ups and downs too, but my faith always keeps me up. Whenever I stray away, God always has a way of bumping my head and getting me back in His fold. And that's what always gets me out of a rut.

And my little secret when I'm in trouble? A few moments spent at the Greenbelt church emo-ing to Him always brings me back on course.

Papa God, I'm still waiting for you to write my love story. Oh well, I guess I haven't fulfilled my missions as a single person that's why. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU DO INSPIRE OTHERS! YOu know why? You are totally honest and unpretentious, human and weak - yet find comfort and strength in Him alone.

You are already fulfilling your mission. And God is writing your love story as we speak.

God bless, Aileen.